IEAF Call for Papers: The Perpetual Renewal of European Insolvency Law
The INSOL Europe Academic Forum (IEAF) is inviting submission for its 19th annual conference, taking place from Wednesday 11 - Thursday 12 October 2023 in Amsterdam (the Netherlands). Expressions of interest are invited for the delivery of research papers within the overall theme of the academic conference: “The Perpetual Renewal of European Insolvency Law”.
The conference is intended to focus on, inter alia, the following overall topics:
- Public and social policy and the impact on corporate rescue, and vice versa
- Sustainability and corporate restructuring
- Environmental claims in insolvency
- Transaction avoidance eclipsed in preventive restructuring procedures
- Pre-packs rehabilitated
- Asset partitioning: prudent entrepreneurship or manifestation of opportunism
- Asset tracing (including crypto assets)
- Modern issues surrounding directors’ duties to file for insolvency
- The impact and benefit (or not) of creditors’ committees
- EU Preventive Restructuring Directive
- Competition for cases as a driving force for legislative reform
- International organisations update
- Cross-border issues (recognition, coordination)
The IEAF board also invites submissions on other topics that fall with in the scope of the overall theme of the conference.
In line with the practice established in our past academic conferences, the intention for the autumn conference is to have research papers that challenge existing approaches, stimulate debate and ask, and attempt to answer, comparative and interdisciplinary questions within the above broadly defined theme. Accordingly, proposals are invited that do more than just outline a topic of interest in respect of any given jurisdiction, but seek to understand, analyse and critique the fundamentals of insolvency and restructuring systems in ways that are relevant across jurisdictions and across fields of academic inquiry. Contributions must be in English.
Presenting at the IEAF conference
Expressions of interest in delivering a paper should be sent by email on or before 1 March 2023 to the IEAF’s Deputy Chair, Dr. Jennifer Gant.
Authors of papers selected for presentation will benefit from a waiver of the participation fee for the academic conference, however, they will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. A limited number of travel grants are available for junior scholars invited to present.
For further information, see: www.insol-europe.org/academic-forum-events